My famous CRANBERRY COMPOTE recipe
Whenever I serve this, people ask for the recipe. I am sharing it with you because it's the easiest, most delicious cranberry sauce you will ever make.
It is the perfect blend of sweet and tart. Serve at Thanksgiving alongside your pastured turkey, stir leftovers into yogurt and top with fresh walnuts, or heat and pour over vanilla ice cream for dessert. As always, please use organic ingredients.
- 2 c. fresh cranberries
- 1 c. fresh squeezed Valencia orange juice
- 1/3 c. maple syrup (grade B preferred)
- zest of 1 orange (use your Microplane Zester here for the finest shred)
- 1 tsp. vanilla, or the contents of ½ a vanilla bean
- large pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat,and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until berries are tender and syrup has developed.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.